Monday, June 25, 2012

The Night You Found Me

Our Endless Abnegation by Agnes Cecile
____________________________________________________________________

There was only one hour left before the point of no return. My eyes were red and swollen, and the stone was bitter to my tongue. It was dark, and your face was a mix of shadows amidst the blue shimmers of light. Rings of fire in the night sky opened the doors of heaven, and I was consumed by the minions of darkness.

S
leep was the enemy, and the war was ours. You held my sorrows against your breast, and your desires were mine. Our children had drowned in the crimson river, and we were like death incarnate. The babies gasped for breath as they twitched their feet beneath the covers. The rain wouldn't cleanse my soul. I was soaked in mud and doused in bleach. In the womb, devoid of thought and destiny. 

One thousand words in each hand, but they were all useless in the silence of the abyss. Death was my friend, and I sobbed at the revelation. I felt the serpents in the grass, and for a moment, the caves were empty. 
Exhausted, I surrendered, and we drifted into nothingness. A lifetime in a day, but forever never came. 

No comments:

Post a Comment