Friday, November 23, 2012

The Days That Pass Without You

My love for you is not only unrequited....it's forbidden. I can no more have you than I can fly to the sun and burn to cinder. My hope is so painful. It comes in spurts, and I constantly suppress it. My attempts to squelch my lustful yearnings only leave me exhausted and lying in the darkness ....time and time again. I fall in and out of sleep for hours on end, and each dream is more real that the last. Sometimes, during the fog of consciousness between dreams and reality, I believe that you're there. In these moments, I can only have you for seconds at a time, but I would sacrifice everything to have these moments forever. The blank pages in my journal are endless prayers of indecision, and the ink that spells your name is rich with the aroma of my immeasurable desire. Your eyes destroy my heart with every glance, and the air is thick with static when our hands almost touch. It's a chemistry that defies all logic, and it speaks to my most primitive impulses. Every inch of your frame is committed to my memory, and I've imagined every curve filling the void between us....leaving nothing. You are my savior and my damnation. I'm born every time I see you smile, and I die every night without you. I wish I didn't feel this way, but I do. Other than my pain, it's all meaningless. In my silence, I will suffer till the end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment